Friday, July 3, 2009

ITIL Foundation V3 Certification

Ok ok don't shoot me in the head just because I am a lazy blogger. Well, it has been some time since I've written anything here so I guess I'll just share with you another achievement that I have completed. This is the ITIL Foundation V3 Certification.

To put it simply, ITIL is one of the IT Service Management best practice. Coming from ITIL's official website - "ITIL® is the only consistent and comprehensive documentation of best practice for IT Service Management. Used by thousands of organisations around the world, a whole ITIL philosophy has grown up around the guidance contained within the ITIL books and the supporting professional qualification scheme."

I prepared for this examination by using the following materials:
  • ITIL v3 Foundations Exam Prep - Book
  • Introduction to The ITIL Service Lifecycle ITIL Version 3
  • ITIL Version 3 at a Glance: Information Quick Reference
  • ITIL Infrastructure Library Foundation CBT Nuggets
Since it is not a requirement to take a formal training from an Accredited Training Organization, I had my preparations through self-studying.

I was very nervous to take the exam but it appeared to be fine the moment it started. The exam is all about memorization, analogy and taxonomy bloom. The key points for the exam are the following:
  • Service Management as a practice
  • The Service Lifecycle
  • Generic Concepts and definitions
  • Key Principles and Models
  • Major Processes
  • Minor Processes
  • Functions
  • Roles
  • Technology and Architecture

The exam cost is $185 USD + 10% VAT wherein you need to have at least a rating of 65 to pass. I took my exam at Edupro Inc. (www.edupro.com.ph - where of course excellent trainors are) via Prometric. This training/examination center is also where I completed all my Microsoft Certifications by the way.

"Now What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment